Inexpensive Options to Start Mineral Balancing
by Jon Sasmor RCPC (Mineral Guide, MinBalance LLC)
Updated June 23, 2022
You may have limited funds, limited access to mail-order products, or limited ability to do testing. You can start mineral balancing anyway!
Here are suggestions how to start:
- Drinking water. Can you obtain spring water or Berkey-filtered tap water, rather than reverse osmosis water? Can you obtain information about what's contained in the water you're drinking and other available options? For more about water, please see Mineral-Rich Drinking Water.
- Aussie Trace Minerals. These are an inexpensive way to remineralize water with the natural mineral balance found in the ocean, where life on earth spent most of its time developing. It's highly recommended to add Aussie Trace Minerals to remineralize drinking water if you drink demineralized reverse osmosis water. We're not made to drink demineralized "hungry water", which can even leach minerals from our bodies. If mail-order isn't available in your location, maybe someone else visiting your area can bring you some Aussie Trace Minerals.
- Adrenal cocktails. Try to find a fun recipe for an electrolyte-rich adrenal cocktail that works for you. They may be made with freshly squeezed juice or coconut water. See these recipes for a starting point, and be creative with available ingredients!
- Magnesium. Magnesium supplements may be available locally. Avoid magnesium oxide, a common form that's mainly ineffective. Choose other forms such as magnesium malate, glycinate, chloride, bicarbonate, or gluconate. Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) foot baths are another relaxing, commonly available way to get magnesium.
- Sea salt. Replace all table salt with sea salt. Sea salt contains the naturally balanced minerals of the ocean. Avoid salts with additives or anti-caking agents.
- Grass-fed organic beef liver. Eat grassfed organic beef liver, 4-6 oz per week, Nature's #1 superfood. Grassfed organic lamb liver is a good alternative. Look for local sources of fresh grassfed organic liver. Otherwise, you can try dried grassfed organic liver capsules.
- Eggs. Eat 3-5 soft-cooked runny egg yolks per day. Or eat 2-3 whole eggs. Egg yolks are Nature's other #1 superfood, aside from grass-fed liver. Look for eggs from pastured hens, if available. Soft-cook the eggs for maximum nutrition. Here's a recipe for soft-boiled egg yolks. For more about eggs, please see Why Eat Only the Egg Yolks?
- Root Cause Protocol STOPs. Do all the Root Cause Protocol (RCP) STOPs. See the RCP website and RCP Handbook for the complete list. These STOPs are free! You can do them right away, and they often help a lot by themselves.
- Eat organic, ancestral whole foods. Eat real foods that our ancestors would have recognized as food. For more details, see Start with Organic Ancestral Whole Foods.
- Rest more. Aim for 10 hours per day resting. This can include rest breaks during the day. Rest anyway even if you can't always sleep. More rest may be the easiest and cheapest way to improve your energy and reduce stress!